AFP’s Fundamentals of Fundraising Course
Wednesday and Thursday, April 15-16, 2020 8:00 am—5:00 pm
AFPEI Members: $215 AFP Members: $315 Non-AFP Members: $415
The AFPEI Chapter rate is $175 discount from the market rate!
Hills Bank, 3905 Blairs Ferry Road NE, Cedar Rapids
This course is worth 16 CFRE continuing education credits.
Target: 0-4 years of experience or advanced refresher.
This is a two-day course providing a comprehensive overview of fundraising principles at the fundamental level. The course content covers the roles and responsibilities of fundraisers, with emphasis on responsibilities you are likely to encounter early in your career.
The course is taught in an active learning style and includes case studies and projects for groups and individuals, making the learning experience both substantive and enjoyable. Learning objectives include:
- Learn the essential components of an integrated development plan.
- Explore the elements of a marketing and communications plan that shares the organization’s message, informs constituents, and engages donors.
- Develop and sustain relationships with prospective donors, current donors, and volunteers.
- Plan individual and group solicitation strategies to secure annual and major gifts.
- Execute management policies and procedures to ensure fundraising activities are conducted with proper records management and stewardship.
- Demonstrate key ethics and accountability principles and practices in fundraising activities.
Micro-Learning … In a Minute!
What is a micro-learning video? A super-short informal video that shares a few key learning objectives about an important topic … made to fit in your super-busy schedule!
Check out AFP’s Latest Micro-learning Videos!