The Marketing Associate/Director will oversee all marketing and advertising initiatives for the Englert Theatre, a nonprofit presenting arts organization. Duties will include management of all marketing plans, print and emailrelated marketing tasks, social media initiatives, PR relations, advertising creation and placement, graphic design projects, poster and street team distribution. In addition to daily marketing operations, this position will focus on developing the Englert brand, increasing local, regional, and national awareness of the theater’s programming and outreach efforts. This position reports directly to the Executive Director, works closely with the Development Director, and oversees graphic designers (internal and freelance) and marketing interns.
The Englert Theatre is a nonprofit arts organization located in downtown Iowa City, Iowa. Programming includes a variety of art forms – music, literature, cinema, theater, dance, opera, visual arts, and more. We are committed to both the traditional and the avantgarde, both known and emerging artists.
– A passion for the arts
– A strong commitment to community engagement
– Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
– Ability to manage several projects and to prioritize the most important task items
– Highly developed skills with emerging technology and applications, including but not limited to social media and email marketing software
– Previous marketing and management experience
– Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite and similar programs
– Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
– An open mind
– Graduate degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field Advanced proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite and similar programs
– 2 to 3 years previous experience working in a nonprofit arts organization
Other Job Details:
– This is a fulltime position
– Compensation: 30,000 – 35,000. Pay and title designation commensurate with experience
– Benefits + an excellent vacation plan: included
Application process is currently open. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Englert Marketing Position.
Preference will be given to applications received by September 12th.