Website Area Substance Abuse Council
Prevent - Treat - Recover
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: The Director of Fundraising will serve on ASAC’s Senior Leadership team and manage the ASAC fundraising program, including but not limited to grants, individual gifts, corporate gifts/sponsors, planned giving and capital campaigns.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Lead the strategic development, planning and implementation of ASAC fundraising activities to meet short and long term goals in accordance with ASAC’s mission, vision and strategic plan
· Engage the ASAC Executive Leadership and Board of Directors in fundraising efforts
· Assist Deputy Director in managing ASAC’s grant application process, including grant planning, researching and writing for funding opportunities that support the ASAC mission, vision and strategic plan, and completing grant renewals
· Coordinate and promote the agency’s non-monetary donation needs, collection and distribution
· Develop professional and supportive relationships with past, current and potential donors
· Develop and execute a donor focused individual gifts program, including prospect research
· Develop and execute a business sponsorship program
· Plan, promote, and implement special events to develop prospective donors
· Track and report progress and results of all fund development strategies
· Maintain accurate constituent data for effective fundraising and communications strategies
· Ensure the timely and effective acknowledgement of gifts and recognition of donors
· Develop/update fund development policies and procedures to accurately reflect agency and best practices
· Develop donor communications materials, online giving and expand development website presence
· Collaborate with ASAC staff to monitor grant and contract supported programs’ compliance with requirements of the funders, that all required reports are submitted, and that grant budgets are appropriately expended
· Provide support for ASAC sponsored fundraising events, including but not limited to the United Way campaign
· Develop and execute a planned giving program
· Manage capital campaigns as needed
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in philanthropy, business or related field, MA preferred
· Knowledge fundraising and development research and best practices
· A minimum of three years of experience of increasing responsibility in raising funds in a non-profit setting through diversified and comprehensive fund development, five years or more experience preferred
· Proven record in achieving fund development goals
· Ability to work on a daily basis utilizing standard office equipment.
· Ability to use computer system, software and to work well technology.
· Ability to use independent judgment, analytical/decision-making skills, verbal and written communication skills, human relations skills, team working skills, and organizational skills.
· This position consists of frequent sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com