Website Big Brothers Big Sisters of Cedar Rapids & East Central Iowa
Creating Life-Changing Friendships
Big Brothers Big Sisters is now hiring for a Development Officer!
Position Title: Development Officer
Overtime Status: Non- Exempt
Reports to: CEO
The Development Officer helps the Chief Executive Officer create a multi-year plan for increasing revenue and volunteers which informs and supports the agency’s plans for growth. The Development Officer functions as one of the agency’s primary major gift fundraisers.
Key elements of the agency fund development program include: donor acquisition; fundraising events; an annual giving program; major gifts from individuals; planned giving and endowment gifts and corporate and foundation giving. Key elements of the marketing program may include: effective communications and community outreach including social media strategies and print materials; and building partner relationships that attract new resources to the agency.
Reports to the CEO and works closely with Development team to fulfill agency goals.
Supporting elements include: donor stewardship; database management; and donor research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (IN PRIORITY ORDER)
- Setting and achieving, in close collaboration with the chief executive officer, multi-year and annual agency revenue goals.
- Developing and implementing a written plan for identifying, cultivating and stewarding at least 50 individual, foundation and corporate potential donors capable of giving $1,000 and more.
- Supporting the CEO’s major gift work with top prospects.
- Making 5 – 10 donor visits per month.
- Soliciting and closing new major gifts annually (Big Magic Society members or $2,500+ corporate or Bowl For Kids Sake participation gifts).
- Implementing metrics to evaluate the success of marketing activities, including annual goals for volunteer inquiries received.
- Participation in a committee of the board, engaging members to achieve measurable increases in agency resources.
- Actively participating with agency teams, including, All-Staff, Board, Trustee, and Development meetings.
- Participating in donor stewardship, information systems (gift entry; database management; report generation), and prospect research.
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
- Education Level: Bachelors Degree
- Years of Related Work Experience : 3-5 years experience in fund development
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Possess superb organizational and time management abilities
- Valid US driver’s license and ability and willingness to travel
- A proven track record in soliciting, acquiring and managing major gifts.
- Demonstrate an ability to organize complex materials, work with a high degree of flexibility, accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment with numerous deadlines and pressures.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including honed reflective listening ability.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a self-starter in a team-oriented environment and work with all groups of agency participants.
- Be genuine in commitment to the fulfillment of the agency mission.
- Proficient Computer Skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Routine office environment with sitting, standing and walking. Work schedules for each employee position are determined based on the needs of clients and the agency goals. All agency staff are expected to schedule evening/weekend hours, on an as-needed basis. Must travel to local communities and neighborhoods.
Equal Employment Opportunity: BBBS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act: Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
To apply please send resume, cover letter & salary requirements to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org