Website Cedar Vally Habitat for Humanity
Cedar Valley Habitat for Humanity (CVHFH) is seeking a motivated individual, with a proven track record, to lead our nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry dedicated to building and rehabilitating simple, decent, and affordable homes in partnership with families in need in Linn and Benton counties. This position is a full-time, salaried role working out of our office in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
The successful candidate must have significant and successful organizational leadership experience and the ability to oversee operations, programs and fundraising. The Executive Director is responsible for the overall leadership and day-to-day operations of CVHFH, in accordance with the mission and strategic goals approved by the Board of Directors.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Act as the chief administrator responsible for managing all aspects of CVHFH, including the Cedar Valley Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- Ensure effective communication to all CVHFH stakeholders
- Attract, develop and retain high-performing and engaged staff and volunteers
- Ensure CVHFH adheres to government regulations and Habitat for Humanity International policies
- Responsible for the development, adherence and maintenance of sound financial practices
- Work with staff, Finance Committee and the Board of Directors to prepare the annual organization budget; ensure CVHFH operates within budget guidelines
Board of Directors
- Assist the Board of Directors in making decisions, preparing strategic plans and creating/maintaining CVHFH policies
- Work with the Board of Directors to recruit, nominate and train new volunteer board members
- Prepare and report monthly to the Board of Directors on operations of CVHFH
Community Relations/Resource Development
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for CVHFH, cultivating relationships with community partners, local media, government agencies and volunteer organizations
- Provide leadership and assistance in all fundraising efforts, including the cultivation of major corporate, private foundations and individual donors; cultivate in-kind and land donations, as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 8 – 10 years experience in organizational leadership/management, nonprofit management experience preferred
- Must be organized with the ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and initiatives
- Previous experience with financial management, including budget preparation and audits; knowledge and experience of home mortgages/lending processes preferred
- Experience working with a Board of Directors preferred
- Knowledge of the home construction industry preferred
- Must be proficient in basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
CVHFH offers a competitive benefit package. The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $75,000.
For a full job description, visit: https://www.cvhabitat.org/about/careers/
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with references to: CVHFH.ED.Applicants@gmail.com
CVHFH is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org