Website CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank
CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank is seeking a Director of Communications and Development.
The Director of Communications and Development is responsible for the planning and implementation of communications, marketing and fundraising strategies that will achieve the income objectives of CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank. This is a leadership position with CommUnity and requires adaptability and the flexibility in ones schedule to meet the responsibilities of the position.
Required skills and experience include:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Transparent and high integrity leadership
• Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
• Solid, hands-on budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
• Strong organization abilities including planning, delegation and program development
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
• Strong public speaking ability
• Ability to engage with diverse volunteers, donors and the people served by CommUnity.
Full time salary position: $65,000 – $80,000 commensurate with experience
Excellent benefit package includes paid vacation and sick leave, 401k retirement plan along with employee health and dental coverage and life/accidental insurance. Employee copay is required for some plans.
Persons interested in this position should send a cover letter and resume electronically to
email@example.com with “Director of Communications and Development” as the subject line, or by mail to:
Becci Reedus, Executive Director
CommUnity Crisis Services
1121 S. Gilbert Ct.
Iowa City, IA 52240
This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
CommUnity is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit builtbycommunity.org.