Website Kirkwood Community College
The Vice President, Development leads the College and the Foundation in efforts related to private sector resource development to support the College mission and goals. The Vice President serves as Executive Director of the Kirkwood Foundation and is responsible for the organizational development of the Foundation. S/he is primarily responsible for raising private support for the Foundation. The Vice President, Development oversees all College and Foundation fundraising, the scholarship program, the Kirkwood Alumni & Friends program and KCCK-FM, the college public radio station.
- As a member of President’s Cabinet, participates as part of the College leadership team.
- Responsible for creating and implementing an integrated development plan, including alumni and annual giving, major gifts, planned and endowed giving.
- Oversees scholarship administration.
- Responsible for developing and implementing periodic fundraising campaigns to support College goals.
- Works closely with the Kirkwood Foundation Board of Directors.
- Effectively recruits, manages, and develops Kirkwood Foundation staff.
- Prudently manages Kirkwood Foundation investments, financial resources and College budgets.
- Responsible for publicizing the work of the Foundation and communicating with donors, board, the College, and the general public.
- Represents Kirkwood in a variety of community roles to build community/College relationships.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Significant record of progressive fundraising experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Knowledge of all areas of institutional advancement.
- Experience in nonprofit management.
- Experience working with a board of directors.
- Experience managing staff to accomplish goals.
- Persuasive oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- A track record of personal integrity.
- Experience with technology including Microsoft Office and fundraising software.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years experience nonprofit leadership
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Graduate degree
- CFRE (Certified Fundraising Executive) credential preferred.
- Major gifts experience preferred.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.kirkwood.edu/site/index.php?p=18761&pos_id=1653 →