Website Mercy Medical Center - Cedar Rapids
Mercy Cedar Rapids
This position supports Mercy’s philosophy of patient centered care by providing strategic leadership for the development, creation and execution of a comprehensive communications plan to assist in increasing the Mercy Foundation’s assets.
Job Specific Duties/Essential Functions
- Develops and implements cost-effective marketing and outreach strategies to educate and communicate with a range of constituencies through printed, digital and social media.
- Develops and coordinates communications for annual and special fundraising campaigns in coordination with the Foundation staff.
- Assists in developing an effective stewardship plan to assist in improving fundraising results. Incorporates multiple touch points to effectively engage constituents in our mission.
- Leads efforts in writing grant proposals to prospects to support the annual and special fundraising programs.
- Ensures that the grants process (seeking acquisition, management and follow-up reports) is adhered to for all grants.
- Works with Mercy’s marketing team to promote the hospital’s mission, vision and values of Mercy Medical Center to our investors.
- Leads efforts to create campaign communications, including writing case statements and campaign proposals.
- Works with the Foundation staff to update and maintain the Foundation’s website, online publications and wed-based giving programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with limited supervision and independently create and manage a proactive planned giving plan.
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills, especially with older adults
- Organizational skills
- Understanding and appreciation for the mission of Mercy Medical Center and the Mercy Medical Center Foundation
- Exceptional listening skills.
- Microsoft Office skills and experience with Raiser’s Office a plus.
Professional Experience: Minimum of five years demonstrated success in a fundraising position, marketing, grant writing, public relations or strongly related experience is required.
Education: Bachelors Degree required
For more information or to apply visit www.mercycare.org/careers.
To apply for this job please visit www.mercycare.org.