Website Miracles in Motion Therapeutic Equestrian Center
Riding center for children and adults with special needs
Director of Operations
Board of Directors
This is a full-time position. Reporting to and in partnership with the Miracles in Motion Board of Directors, the Director of Operations is primarily responsible for ensuring that the organization is fulfilling the mission and vision as established by the Board. The Director of Operations must demonstrate strong skills in business management, personnel/volunteer management, budget development and financial oversight, fundraising, marketing & promotion.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Board Administration and Support – Supports operations and administration of Board by advising and informing Board members, interfacing between Board and staff. Attends board and committee meetings and submits monthly reports to Board of Directors.
· Program and Service Delivery – Oversees development, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs and services.
· Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management – Develops and recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization’s resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations; oversees facilities management and improvements.
· Human Resource Management – Effectively manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations.
· Community and Public Relations — Assures the organization and its mission, programs and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
· Fundraising – Supports the activities of the Fundraising Chair. Researches and submits grant proposals (2 in the first year) and funding requests, maintains records, and ensures grant compliance.
· Compliance-Manage CSA and PATH compliance programs.
· 4-year degree in business, public administration, or similar field, or
· Previous experience with business management and non-profit administration.
· Passion for supporting people with disabilities.
· PATH membership preferred.
· Strong business management and financial skills.
· Effective collaborator, strong leadership, creative and independent thinking.
· Excellence in problem solving and organizational skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and grant writing.
· Strong conflict resolution and decision-making skills.
· Demonstrates sound judgment, integrity, and good character.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the incumbent is frequently required to talk, hear, stand or sit for extended periods of time. Manual dexterity and close visual ability is required. Occasional lifting of at least 50 pounds.
Good, modern, well-lighted, ventilated, and heated work area. Subject to frequent interruptions and deadlines. Must maintain confidentiality as may be required in the normal course of position performance. The working conditions for this position are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Overview of Miracles in Motion: Miracles in Motion is on 76 acres of land in Swisher, Iowa. It has indoor and outdoor arenas and a stable with 10 stalls. The property includes a house, where the office and meeting area are. In 2006 a new outdoor arena and pavilion were added, and in 2008 a sensory trail was developed. The equestrian facilities are entirely accessible and include a unique mounting ramp with a lift that ensures safety and ease in mounting riders. Saddles have peacock stirrups for safety; saddles and bareback pads are tailored to the rider. Miracles in Motion uses adaptive equipment in accordance with PATH standards. The annual operating budget is approximately $185,000.
Salary: The compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience, within the realm of practicality for an organization of this nature and as approved by the Board of Directors.
· Please submit a cover letter and resume to Miracles in Motion Therapeutic Equestrian Center via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· No phone calls please.
· Interviews will be scheduled as qualified applications are received.
· Position will remain open until filled.
Miracles in Motion
2049 – 120th St NW
Swisher IA 52338
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com