Website Miracles in Motion Therapeutic Equestrian Center
Riding center for children and adults with special needs
Director of Operations
This is a part-time position. Reporting to and in partnership with the Miracles in Motion Director of Operations, the Volunteer Coordinator is primarily responsible for recruiting, training and scheduling all volunteer activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Volunteer Coordinator establishes and recruits a Volunteer Committee to assist with all tasks that can be delegated.
· Recruiting – does outreach to potential sources of volunteers: local colleges and businesses, high schools, volunteer fairs; social networking; posters, ads, news releases, and on-line volunteer sites
Cultivates relationships with area agencies
· Training – in conjunction with the Horse Committee and class coordinator, establishes training format and schedules adequate training sessions to fully staff classes.
· Retention and Recognition – monitor volunteer needs and interests to channel volunteers into areas of their greatest skills and interests. Coordinate volunteer appreciation events.
· Administrative Duties – Learns and maintains volunteer software, Volgistics. Ensures compliance with All PATH standards relating to Volunteers. Communicates regularly with instructors, class coordinator and Horse Committee regarding staffing of classes. Coordinates with the Property Committee to schedule and assist with work days.
· Communication – Submits volunteer articles to the newsletter and communicates regularly with volunteers through Volgistics.
· High School diploma
· Previous experience volunteering.
· Previous Volunteer Coordinating experience a plus
· Ability to self-direct and follow-through; communication, organization and
leadership skills; flexible and adaptable to change; able to work in a team
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, use of email and Google Drive.
· Understands and embraces the Miracles in Motion mission and vision
· Familiarity with standard office equipment
While performing the essential duties of this job, the incumbent is frequently required to talk, hear, stand or sit for extended periods of time. Manual dexterity and close visual ability is required. Occasional lifting of at least 50 pounds.
Work is conducted in home, office or farm. Must be comfortable around horses and may be in outdoor area (barn, arena) in all kinds of weather. Must maintain confidentiality which may be required in the normal course of position performance. The working conditions for this position are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Overview of Miracles in Motion: Miracles in Motion is on 76 acres of land in Swisher, Iowa. It has indoor and outdoor arenas and a stable with 10 stalls. The property includes a house, where the office and meeting areas are. In 2006 a new outdoor arena and pavilion were added, and in 2008 a sensory trail was developed. The equestrian facilities are entirely accessible and include a unique mounting ramp with a lift that ensures safety and ease in mounting riders. Saddles have peacock stirrups for safety; saddles and bareback pads are tailored to the rider. Miracles in Motion uses adaptive equipment in accordance with PATH standards.
Our annual operating budget is approximately $185,000.
Compensation: The hourly rate for this position will be commensurate with experience, within the realm of practicality for an organization of this nature and as approved by the Board of Directors.
· Please submit a cover letter and resume to Miracles in Motion Therapeutic Equestrian Center via email to email@example.com.
· No phone calls please.
· Interviews will be scheduled as qualified applications are received.
· Position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org