Website Mount Mercy University
Mount Mercy University is a Catholic, coeducational University founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1928 enrolling approximately 1850 students. The University offers a variety of liberal arts, professional, accelerated and graduate degree programs on a picturesque campus overlooking the city.
Mount Mercy University is currently seeking candidates to fill the Development & Alumni Relations Associate position. This position is responsible for a variety of project and administrative related projects for the Development & Alumni Relations team. This individual will coordinate stewardship with alumni and donors, assist with development & alumni events, coordinate alumni event and annual fund marketing pieces, and support the team with data updates and reporting needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with the Director for Development & Alumni Relations on day to day operations of the office.
· Support staff with list management, giving reports, prospect updates, and mailing lists.
· Data entry support (visit contact reports, scheduled actions, volunteer solicitor assignments, event attendance)
· Manage database updates including address update, database clean up, etc.
· Assist with stewardship communications program; strategically integrate stewardship communications into the larger communications plan, and produce the pieces.
· Assist with all special event promotion including the invite design, email headers, social posts, and web graphics.
· ·Assist annual fund with appeal mailings.
· Oversee Paver project, work with contractor, and steward donors.
· Coordinate student scholarship recipient stewardship efforts, thank you notes, videos
· Maintain a schedule of email communications, and support email design and communication pieces.
· Maintain marketing projects calendars.
· Take social media photos at campus events and support alumni social media efforts ( graphics, gifs, etc).
· Support Director of Development & Alumni Relations with website updates, & maintenance.
· Oversee alumni and development promotional items/inventory.
· Strong organizational and computer skills
· Database experience recommended (Raisers Edge, Powercampus, etc.)
· Ability to communicate effectively through online & social media outlets
· Flexibility to handle changing priorities and the ability to thrive and work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment required.
· Prefer graphic design experience and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
· Available for some evening and weekend work-related activities
· Must maintain knowledge of Mount Mercy’s goals and priorities
· Ability to be an articulate spokesperson on behalf of Mount Mercy
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
The successful candidate must also demonstrate a willingness to support Mount Mercy’s mission as a Catholic university providing student-focused education in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy. Mount Mercy University welcomes those of different faiths and is committed to excellence in education and community service.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: email@example.com with the subject line “Development & Alumni Relations Associate”. Paper application materials will not be accepted. Position will remain open until filled. Screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Mount Mercy University is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke-free campus.
To apply for this job please visit www.mtmercy.edu.