Website Mount Mercy University
Mount Mercy University is a Catholic, coeducational University founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1928 enrolling approximately 1850 students. The University offers a variety of liberal arts, professional, accelerated and graduate degree programs on a picturesque campus overlooking the city.
Mount Mercy University is currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Assistant Director for Alumni Relations. This position is responsible for assisting and coordinating the planning and implementation of alumni programs and projects that strategically engage alumni. Coordinate ongoing communication with and cultivation of alumni with the specific intent of building relationships and donor readiness.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate alumni relations programs including event planning, recognition and awards programs, Alumni Reunion Weekend.
- Assist the Director for Development and Alumni Relations with alumni board meetings, communications and alumni board executive committee.
- Cultivate and sustain alumni engagement by hosting outreach events, coordinating alumni speakers on campus
- Host 5-10 alumni on campus per month for tour, lunch, meetings
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
- Establish and implement a comprehensive alumni communication plan for mailings, social media and monthly alumni newsletter.
- Update Alumni Relations web pages on a regular basis
- Coordinate alumni volunteer programs in collaboration with other University departments such as project connect, student recruitment, career services and athletics
- Maintain an awareness and understanding through continuing education and interaction with colleagues at other institutions, of trends and developments in alumni relations
- Educate graduating students about alumni benefits and engage them in programs
Successful candidates must also demonstrate a willingness to support Mount Mercy’s mission as a Catholic University providing student-focused education in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy. Mount Mercy University welcomes those of different faiths and is committed to excellence in education and community service.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Alumni Relations.” Paper application materials will not be accepted. Position will remain open until filled. Screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Mount Mercy University is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke-free campus.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.mtmercy.edu/assistant-director-alumni-relations →