Website Mount Mercy University
Mount Mercy University is a Catholic, coeducational University founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1928 enrolling approximately 1800 students. The University offers a variety of liberal arts, professional, accelerated and graduate degree programs on a picturesque campus overlooking the city.
Mount Mercy University is currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Assistant Director for Annual Giving. This position is responsible for coordinating and planning a comprehensive Annual Giving program designed to build operating support for the university. The Assistant Director assists in the annual giving strategies utilizing telemarketing, direct mail, internet, social media, and personal solicitations to increase both annual gift income and the number of individuals, corporations, and alumni who participate.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in establishing goals and developing a plan for annual giving operations. This includes innovative ideas, strategies and timelines for donor acquisition and retention, upgrading annual fund gifts, and increasing alumni participation.
- In collaboration with the director for development and alumni relations, create an annual fund plan and calendar of solicitations and communications
- Design messages for all annual giving efforts such as printed and verbal script materials
- Coordinate all annual giving solicitations for university constituencies to maximize giving and participation rates. This includes:
- Creating and implementing an effective direct mail program,
- Being knowledgeable about the university’s constituencies, and the current database and its functionality,
- Coordinating and managing outsourced telemarketing efforts to solicit annual fund gifts from alumni, parents and friends, e
- Exploring and integrating online solicitations into the overall annual fundraising plan
- Track fundraising progress toward achieving the annual fund goals. Generate periodic progress reports and statistical analyses and metrics.
- Coordinate stewardship activities for the named scholarship donors and President’s Club members
- Review the annual fund web page on a regular basis and keep it updated by implementing changes and maintenance as required
- Oversee the matching gift program
- Plan, organize and implement solicitation activities for special gift opportunities as needed. These could include Athletics Fund, Library Fund, Reunion Gifts, selected student and/or faculty projects, etc.
- Participates in special projects and other duties as assigned or necessary
- Back up to the gift processor to enter daily gifts into database.
- Preferred 1-3 years of annual giving and/or direct fundraising experience, preferably in higher education or other closely related development work.
- Experience with fundraising software a plus.
- Strong relationship building and solicitations skills desired.
- Strong organizational and project management skills;
- Professional understanding of fundraising practices;
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment when making decisions and problem-solving;
- Must maintain knowledge of Mount Mercy’s goals and priorities; Ability to be an articulate spokesperson on behalf of Mount Mercy, interact professionally in a variety of situations (in person and on the telephone);
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and ability to motivate donors and volunteers;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work independently.
Successful candidates must also demonstrate a willingness to support Mount Mercy’s mission as a Catholic University providing student-focused education in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy. Mount Mercy University welcomes those of different faiths and is committed to excellence in education and community service.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: email@example.com with the subject line “Assistant Director for Annual Giving.” Paper application materials will not be accepted. Position will remain open until filled. Screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Mount Mercy University is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke-free campus.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org