Website Mount Mercy University
Mount Mercy University is a Catholic, coeducational University founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1928 enrolling approximately 1800 students. The University offers a variety of liberal arts, professional, accelerated and graduate degree programs on a picturesque campus overlooking the city.
Mount Mercy University is currently seeking candidates to fill the gift processor, administrative assistant position. This position is responsible for the processing of pledges and gifts, data entry, monthly fundraising reports, and related donor tracking for the Office of Development and Alumni Relations. This person’s main focus is divided between three areas: gift entry, database management, and supporting numerous development/alumni activities (including: manage reception desk, phonathon, stewardship, and development reports).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gift Entry and Reporting
- Process all pledges and gifts to the university, including employee payroll deductions
- Oversee the matching gift program and develop strategies for improvement
- Prepare month-end and year-end fundraising reports
- Send campus departments a listing of gifts to their departments
- Receive all ‘giving’ emails from firstname.lastname@example.org, process as needed
- Enter and track deferred giving information
- Obtain copies of receipts, pledges, endowed gifts, deferred gifts and file appropriately
- Assist the VP to update trustee pledges/gifts at the end of each month
- Send all pledge reminders monthly
- Manage recurring gifts and pledges
- Send Business Office monthly pledge reports, and all pledges/gifts
- Send list of annuity recipients to the Business Office
- Track and update Business Office with all donor insurance premium payments
- Reconcile giving reports and scholarship information with the Business Office
- Assist in keeping records up-to-date and filed appropriately
- Assist staff with professional clerical duties associated with all annual giving functions; list management, and updating records
- Assist in keeping all records in the database current
- Enter and update any information in regard to funds and campaigns
- Update constituent records with career updates, marriages, births, deaths, and educational changes and solicitation changes
- Track email updates after annual giving and alumni relations emails are sent
- Assist Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations with credit card reports
- Prepare acknowledgement letters based on daily gift entry
- Assist with alumni and donor mailings
- Assist with event preparation including donor dinner, alumni reunion weekend and scholarship events
- Coordinate scholarship student thank you notes with assistant director of annual giving
- Prepare endowment agreements (includes getting copies signed, sending copy to donor, updating endowment book, and master list of endowed funds);
- Track all pledges, gifts, and teams for MMU Athletics golf outing fundraiser
Additionally, this individual will coordinate and oversee:
- Office reception area, greet all guests to the office, answer all calls to the main office, and track incoming and outgoing mail
- Manage office supplies and all orders
- Represent the Office of Development and Alumni Relations to internal and external customers in a professional and appropriate manner at all times
Needs to be a quick learner who enjoys extensive computer and database work. Must possess excellent communication writing skills. Function independently and as a member of a team. Contribute positively in a fast-paced, multi-faceted office setting. Must be proactive and team-oriented, possess outstanding skills in:organization
multi-tasking, creative problem solving, critical thinking, and communication.
Extensive computer and database knowledge and at least five years’ related experience preferred. Experience with PowerCampus or other fundraising software is preferred. Must have extensive experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and database management.
Associates degree required, bachelor’s preferred.
Successful candidates must also demonstrate a willingness to support Mount Mercy’s mission as a Catholic University providing student-focused education in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy. Mount Mercy University welcomes those of different faiths and is committed to excellence in education and community service.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe pdf attachment to: email@example.com with the subject line “Gift Processor, Administrative Assistant.” Paper application materials will not be accepted. Position will remain open until filled. Screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Mount Mercy University is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke-free campus.
To apply for this job please visit www.mtmercy.edu.