Website Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois
The position serves as an integral part of the team that ensures the Development Department is successful in achieving financial goals and ensuring stakeholders, donors, and third party fund-raisers are engaged and satisfied. Reporting to the Director of Development, and consulting with the managerial team, the Development Coordinator supports the planning, implementation, and evaluation of development activities, including but not limited to: events, campaigns, third party fundraisers, and pull-tab program.
- Facilitate event planning and implementation
- Participate in all planning sessions, committee meetings, and third party communication, including development events and campaigns.
- Coordinate recruitment for events and activities as needed.
- Communicate event volunteer needs to the Family Program and Volunteer Coordinator in a timely manner and support adequate event volunteer training and supervision.
- With managerial team input, develop an annual work plan to include all events and activities.
- Assist with the preparation of press releases, event materials, and sponsorship letters.
- Remain aware of budgetary constraints and act within them.
- As part of the development team, participate in social media messaging, particularly related to events, and communicate opportunities for sharing stories with the team in a timely manner.
- Support special initiatives and strategies
- Under the direction of the Development Director, provide input regarding new sources of revenue and/or strategic community partnerships.
- Represent the organization in a positive manner in the community.
- Work with special donor groups as assigned to assure they received clear communication and staff recognition- ie: Red Shoe Society.
- Identify growth areas within the Development Department, including new and innovative event opportunities as well as strategies to increase annual giving within our stakeholders.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of BA. Preferred experience in event planning, public relations, communications and/or non-profit fundraising.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet frequent deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent public speaking skills with both large and small groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with Excel, MS office products, database software, and social media.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends, and travel locally.
- Valid Driver’s license required.
- Experience with running a race a positive.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.