Website Shelter House
Position Title: Community Engagement Manager
Position Summary: Full-time position; Community Engagement Manager is responsible for planning, developing, and facilitating partnerships and strategies to increase funds, diversify donor base, and meet programmatic and operational fundraising goals.
Reports to: Development Director
1. Community Engagement Manager will implement strategies to maximize fundraising and outreach outcomes with a focus on community engagement, corporate and faith organization partnerships, and special events.
- Cultivate, steward, and solicit donors and prospects through targeted appeals, peer-to-peer event campaigns, phone calls, face-to-face meetings and presentations, and electronic and written appeals.
- Manage all fundraising events including planning, promotion, logistics and sponsorship.
- Solicit increased event participation and fundraising for special events, including coaching and outreach to participants, teams, and local strategic partners.
- Coordinate community fundraising opportunities through giveback and DIY events.
- Identify and participate in tabling opportunities at community events, conferences, agency or volunteer fairs, and other related activities.
- Administer faith community outreach to encourage fundraising and donation drives; schedule presentations and provide necessary information to staff and members.
- Establish and build relationships with community organizations and employers to enhance partnerships; schedule lunch & learn or group presentations to raise awareness and recruit event participants and donors.
- Serve as Shelter House Advisor for Under Your Wing, the University of Iowa student group, providing program and fundraising ideas and support, monitoring group external communication, and ensuring Under Your Wing activities are in-line with Shelter House branding guidelines.
- Design and deliver event marketing and participant collateral materials.
- Develop and cultivate strategic media partnerships to support special event goals.
- In tandem with development staff, build and execute ongoing social media strategy to support organization goals.
2. Community Engagement Manager will manage and lead the AmeriCorps VISTA program and serve as site supervisor to communicate program goals, objectives, and deadlines and assesses individual and team performance.
- Manage AmeriCorps VISTA contracts, outcomes, and all other AmeriCorps communication, including recruitment, interviewing, selection, orientation, and training.
- Provide supervision of (VISTA) Volunteer Coordinator and volunteer program, assisting in volunteer recruitment, training, and oversight.
1. Participate in professional associations and activities as necessary and appropriate.
2. Work effectively with volunteer committees to achieve development objectives.
3. Other duties as assigned by the Development Director.
4. Support all department fundraising events and campaigns.
5. Serve as engaged and involved team member, supportive of the varied experiences and perspectives of internal and external constituents.
1. Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business administration, or related field.
2. 2+ years’ experience in an outreach position, ideally in the non-profit sector.
3. Proficiency in all Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
4. Enthusiasm for Shelter House mission.
5. Strong ability to self-manage with significant strength in time management.
6. Stellar attention-to-detail and organization skills.
7. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with successful interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with colleagues, donors, and leaders at all levels.
8. Flexibility in work schedule; occasional evening and weekend hours.
9. Must have a valid driver’s license and own transportation.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This position is non-exempt and overtime applies to any hours worked over 40 in a weekly period. The position is full-time and comes with competitive health, dental, and retirement benefits.
Interested applicants should submit their resume, cover letter, and a writing and/or design sample to Angelica Vannatta, Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews for qualified candidates will be arranged as applications are received and an offer of employment will be made following interviews. Shelter House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and United Way Agency.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com