Website Shelter House
Position Title: Donor Relations & Marketing Coordinator
Position Summary: Full-time position; Donor Relations & Marketing Coordinator is responsible for administrative and general development and marketing duties to generate and sustain donor support and enhance the organization’s mission through fundraising efforts.
1. Donor Relations & Marketing Coordinator will implement strategies to maximize donor engagement through fundraising and outreach initiatives including annual appeal, employee giving, and special events.
- Design and create development collateral materials such as annual impact report, event-related items, and outreach handouts.
- Oversight and process of the matching gift program. Maintain and update appropriate information on website and relevant materials.
- Coordinate expansion of existing monthly giving program.
- Manage administrative tasks that contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of events.
- Conducts research and analysis of donor records and other resources to identify prospects for increased giving opportunities and new donors.
2. Donor Relations & Marketing Coordinator will provide comprehensive administrative assistance to the development team with a focus on general development support, database and electronic media management, and donor stewardship.
- Daily processing and receipting of donations. Responsible for donation entry and maintaining current and accurate records in donor database.
- Manage donor acknowledgement and recognition process including generation of tax receipts and thank you letters.
- Create sponsorship invoices and manage accounts receivables for sponsors, giveback events, and DIY fundraisers.
- Supervise receipt of in-kind donation inquiries; answer and appropriately direct phone calls and email requests. Follow-up with donors and cultivate relationship of giving.
- Assist with management of stewardship program including creating and mailing cards and other correspondence, schedule on-site facility tours, and follow-up with in-kind donors.
- Manage and facilitate information requests submitted through electronic inquiry (email inbox and social media).
- Internal and external contact for “Our Greatest Needs” requests and social media.
- Manage distribution and create content of e-news.
- Update website with current and relevant information.
- In tandem with development staff, build and execute ongoing social media strategy to support organization goals.
- Handle general agency office and program supply management and oversight, postal mail processing, and IT request and helpdesk functions for agency staff in accordance with agency policies and as directed
1. Participate in professional associations and activities as necessary and appropriate.
2. Work effectively with volunteer committees to achieve development objectives.
3. Other duties as assigned by the Development Director.
4. Support all department fundraising events and campaigns.
5. Serve as engaged and involved team member, supportive of the varied experiences and perspectives of internal and external constituents.
1. Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business administration, or related field, or a combination of relevant education and professional experience
2. Experience in an administrative position, ideally in the non-profit sector in a role focused on donor and event support.
3. Proficiency in all Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher. Demonstrated ability to perform mail merge processes, spreadsheet functions and development collateral materials.
4. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud and related design tools, including Illustrator, PhotoShop, and InDesign.
5. Enthusiasm for Shelter House mission.
6. Strong ability to self-manage with significant strength in time management.
7. Stellar attention-to-detail and organization skills.
8. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
9. Ability to accurately maintain records, prepare reports, and coordinate multiple projects.
10. Flexibility in work schedule; occasional evening and weekend hours.
11. Must have a valid driver’s license and own transportation.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This position is non-exempt and overtime applies to any hours worked over 40 in a weekly period. The position is full-time and comes with competitive health, dental, and retirement benefits.
Interested applicants should submit their resume, cover letter, and a writing and/or design sample to Angelica Vannatta, Development Director, at email@example.com. Interviews for qualified candidates will be arranged as applications are received and an offer of employment will be made following interviews. Shelter House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and United Way Agency.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org