shelterhouseic Shelter House
Shelter House moves people beyond homelessness.
Reports to: Development Director
Position Overview: Full-time position; Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Development Director in Shelter House’s fundraising efforts and will provide additional support for community outreach and special events. This position drives the administrative, logistics, tracking, and correspondence needs for the development department, including donor relations, in-kind donation coordination, and fundraising events throughout the year.
Essential Job Functions:
- Daily processing and receipting of donations. Responsible for donation entry and maintaining current and accurate records in donor database.
- Manage donor acknowledgement and recognition process including generation of tax receipts and thank you letters. Assist with management of stewardship program including mailing cards and in-person or phone follow up.
- Oversight and process of the matching gift program. Communicate with donors and businesses about the possibility of matching gifts, as well as maintain and update appropriate information on website and relevant materials.
- Process monthly gifts. Coordinate expansion of existing monthly giving program.
- Assist with annual fund appeals, annual reports, direct mail campaigns, and other donor correspondence.
- Conducts research and analysis of donor records and other resources to identify prospects for increased giving opportunities and new donors.
- Create weekly and monthly fundraising reports and analysis of giving trends.
- Supervise receipt of in-kind donation inquiries. Answer and appropriately direct phone calls and email requests. Follow-up with donors and cultivate relationship of giving.
- Implement cultivation plan for volunteers, in-kind donors, and tour participants.
- Responsible for all digital donation and fund processing with third-party vendors such as EventBrite and Square.
- Handle all administrative details associated with Donor Engagement Committee meetings. Organize materials for meeting and take and distribute meeting minutes.
- Provide staff support for annual and special fund raising campaigns, events, and community outreach.
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business administration, or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in an administrative position, ideally in the non-profit sector in a role focused on donor support.
- Prior sales, customer service, or fundraising experience is a plus.
- Experience with customer relationship management and donor database software.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher. Demonstrated ability to perform mail merge processes, spreadsheet functions and development collateral materials.
Other requirements include:
- Enthusiasm for Shelter House mission
- Strong ability to self-manage with significant strength in time management.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with successful interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with colleagues, donors, and leaders at all levels.
- Stellar attention-to-detail and organization skills especially as it relates to record-keeping and correspondences.
- Ability to accurately maintain records, prepare reports, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Flexibility in work schedule; occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Valid Iowa driver’s license.
- Dependable transportation with proof of insurance.
To Apply: Submit cover letter with salary requirements, resume, writing sample, and volunteer experience to email@example.com. Please include Development Coordinator in the subject line. Application deadline: Friday, January 31, 2018. Interviews will be conducted as qualified candidates are identified.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.shelterhouseiowa.org/join-our-team →