Website The Crisis Center of Johnson County
Development Coordinator Position Description
Position Overview: The 1.0 FTE Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting The Crisis Center of Johnson County’s administrative efforts by implementing donor stewardship, engagement and cultivation efforts; supporting executive functions; and managing organizational records. The Coordinator shall have a comprehensive understanding of fundraising best practices and ethics; the ability to manage a complex database system; familiarity with basic accounting principles; and excellent written, oral, and graphic communications skills. The Coordinator must possess a high degree of self-motivation and be passionate about the programs and services of The Crisis Center. This position will work as part of the Communications & Development and administrative teams and reports to the Communications & Development Director.
Responsibilities: At a minimum, the Development Coordinator shall have the following responsibilities:
· Identify, create and manage opportunities to engage The Crisis Center’s current and prospective donors through development activities ranging from direct mail appeals, face-to-face solicitations, and sponsorships to friendraising and fundraising events including an annual donor appreciation luncheon.
· Join Communications & Development Director on meetings with major donors and other stakeholders.
· Implement a swift and proactive gift acknowledgement program with daily processing and receipting of gifts, a system of consistent donor appreciation efforts, and regular database maintenance.
· Produce daily, weekly, and monthly fundraising reports and analysis of giving trends and opportunities.
· Perform donor prospect research activities.
· Support other development elements including grant writing, social media strategies, and external communications efforts.
· Train and supervise administrative volunteer(s) in performing data entry and other support functions of the department.
Represent The Crisis Center at inter-organizational meetings and community events.
Complete other development and communications projects as assigned.
Desired Education and Experience:
Requirements for qualification include a bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications, English, or a related field of study and one year of practical experience managing multiple projects under deadline.
Desirable qualifications include:
· Major gifts experience desired but not required.
· Experience with data entry processes and/or database management software, DonorPerfect or Bloomerang in particular.
· Familiarity with financial recordkeeping.
· Experience planning and implementing special events and/or other development efforts.
· Project management experience, in particular the coordination of complex documentation approvals with annual rolling deadlines
· Customer service and/or phone-based relationship building experience.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office software is required, particularly Excel, Word and mail merge processes. Demonstrated ability to utilize online and other information resources for research purposes is also required.
Other required skills include:
· Ability to build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills.
· Track record of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Ability to manage competing priorities and work independently while also contributing to the Communications & Development team’s overall work efforts.
Flexibility in work schedule, as occasional evening and weekend hours will be required.
Valid Iowa driver’s license.
Dependable transportation with proof of insurance.
Successful completion of a national background check.
The Development Coordinator position is full-time, salaried exempt with a starting salary range of $32,000 – $38,000 annually. The Crisis Center offers a complete benefits package, including health care and dental insurance, vacation accrual, and sick leave. An SEP/IRA retirement package is offered and Flexible Spending Accounts are available.
All elements of the application – a cover letter, resume, two writing samples and a design sample – must be submitted to be considered for the position.
These materials can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with Crisis Center – Development Coordinator as the subject line or mailed to:
Director of Communications & Development
The Crisis Center of Johnson County
1121 Gilbert Court
Iowa City, IA 52240-4528
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com