Website Willis Dady Homeless Services
Due to an internal promotion, we have a position available! The Development and Marketing Specialist is essential role at Willis Dady Homeless Services, serving as the backbone to the agency’s fundraising and marketing activities. In this role, you’ll help further our mission through fundraising support, marketing/communications and public relations activities. Plus, you’ll enjoy the amazing culture of Willis Dady, an innovative organization diligently working to solve homelessness on many fronts.
Independent problem solving, the ability to support multiple ongoing and new activities, attention to detail and follow-through will all be essential to success in this position. The position is based in Cedar Rapids, at the Willis Dady shelter and administrative office. The position is full time (40 hours/week) and is eligible for all agency benefits, including a four-week sabbatical after five years.
Immediate Supervisor: Willis Dady Development Director
- Create and maintain positive donor relations through donor acknowledgement letters, emails and phone calls; donor recognition events; pledge tracking and reminders; donor correspondence as necessary to ensure contact information or other requests are fulfilled
- Manage donor database through timely recording of gifts and report generation
- Organize and conduct fall thank-a-thon, annual church outreach and special mailings
- Support the Development Committee with all planning and activities
- Create print and/or digital communications such as social media graphics, presentation boards, brochures, flyers, advertisements, emails, news releases
- Maintain agency website and social media presence
- Create and mail quarterly newsletter, including electronic versions
Public Relations and Outreach
- Assist with marketing and sponsorships for agency fundraisers
- Help educate the public on agency programs and our client population through talks and tours of the shelter with schools, churches, news media, community groups, etc.
- Help track relevant data for the strategic plan, grant reports and various ongoing indicators
- Generate routine development reports, ensuring 100% accuracy by correcting any errors
- Create visual representations of development outcomes as well as program outcomes to be used in donor impact reports
- Assist with editing and writing grant applications and proposals
- Support other projects and assignments including community committee responsibilities
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and trainings as appropriate
- Assist with general office duties, such as answering phones, receiving visitors, and maintaining relationships with agency partners
- Contribute to the overall agency mission through miscellaneous duties as assigned.RequirementsQualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and experience working in a professional office setting. Experience in fundraising, marketing or public relations is required.
- Passion for connecting with others through fundraising, marketing and public relations
- Passion for serving people experiencing homelessness
- Love for details and data as well as the big picture
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media
- Strong independent problem solving skills, organization and initiative
- Ability to conceive and execute creative messaging
- Ability to consistently meet paperwork and project deadlines
- Ability to write for different audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Work productively and respectfully with various teammates
This position is full-time and reports to the Development Director. Benefits of full-time employment include health insurance, paid time off and paid holidays, including a paid, four-week sabbatical after five years. Salary begins at $31,200. Willis Dady is an Equal Opportunity and At-Will Employer.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and three portfolio samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 30. Applications may be mailed to Development Office, 1247 4th Ave. SE, Cedar Rapids IA 52403.
Note: It is the policy of Willis Dady Emergency Shelter to provide employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, Vietnam era or disabled veteran status. All offers of employment are contingent on a negative report on the State of Iowa Criminal History Records Check and Sex Offender Registry. Willis Dady is an At Will Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com